If you like the speed of Windows Image Preview but can’t stand anymore to right click, Edit With -> Fireworks and wished there was a faster way to do it, this is your lucky day.
Here’s how you Add “Edit with Fireworks” to Windows Context Menu, in a few steps:
You can assign different right-click actions based on the file extension
- First, we gonna need a free, open source software called ContextEdit
Official download link (Softpedia)
Alternative link (hosted here)
- Download it, unzip and run Setup.exe
- After install, go to the program folder (eg: C:/Program Files (x86)/ContextEdit) and run ContextEdit.exe
- You will then be presented with a screen very similar to the one above.
- Search for .jpg and click on New
- It will give a small warning, just hit OK and it will change from .jpg to JPEG Image, which covers .jpg and .jpeg
- On the input box, type “Edit with Fireworks”
- You wanna configure your settings like this:
- Menu text: Edit with Fireworks
- Command line: Click Browse and navigate to your Adobe Fireworks installation folder and double click Fireworks.exe
Now you can YAAAAY like a boss! Don’t even need to restart your computer!