If you want to quickly open a folder in sublime, to be able to do a full-search in all the files in that folder with a simple shortcut, without having to mess with projects and things like that, you can add “Open Folder with Sublime” to the context menu of Windows.
Here’s how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+R and type regedit
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\background\shell
- Right click “shell”, hover “New” and click the first option, “Key”
- Name the key “Sublime” or something
- Now edit the default reg on “Sublime” key and put “Open Folder with Sublime” as the data
- Right click somewhere, hover “New” and click on the second option. Example:
- Now right click “Sublime” and create a new key called “command”. Example:
- Edit the default reg for the “command” key and type this as the value: cmd.exe /c subl .
- That’s it! Now you have it!